We're linking up again with Doodle Bugs for a little fun this Friday!
This week has flown by and we want to keep you up with some happenings around our rooms...
1) We have a school-wide fundraiser going the next couple of weeks for Leukemia and Lymphoma. We've participated in Pasta for Pennies the last few years and our school has raised a ton of money. Anyways, today was PJ Day. The kids and teachers love it!
2) Today, we also wrapped up our Money unit. Before we took our assessment, we found this gem from The Primary Techie.
The kids went crazy for it! They watch the ppt, solve a math problem, and then color in the corresponding box on a hundreds chart. The BEST part of this was that the students were so engaged and we got 15 minutes to check papers and get our lives together. :)
3) We had our 2nd and 3rd grade concert this week as well. Talk about exhausting! Try lining up 170 kids the morning of the show....but that's a whole story of its own. In the end, the kids were cute and the parents loved it. While we were waiting for the show, we ran up to California Pizza Kitchen for a bite to eat. That place is sooo yummy! We're trying to figure out if we can get this guy will deliver for lunch.
4) Since it's Poetry Month, we've been working, working, working away on some super cute poems for our upcoming Poetry Day next Friday. These poems are just a sample of some of the poems added to their Poetry Folders. The shape poems turned out so cute!
5) WARNING...this may frighten you...but it's too funny to not share! This sums our our feelings completely!
Get out and enjoy this spring weather!