Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summertime!!!


This little picture collage says it all!!  Summer is in full swing and to say we have been out of the "school" mode is an understatement!  I can't speak for all of the Sisters but this Sister is now in full summer mode!  This is officially the second week of vacation but the first week I finally feel is all mine.  Last week consisted of lots of running around, taking the Math Menu workshop, and finishing up a few last minute classroom things plus your typical "should do" list before the "want to do" list starts! :)  I don't know about all of you, but it takes me at least a week to wind down and relax into summer mode. I still feel like I should be up and somewhere all the time....being at home takes some getting used to...in a good way of course!

Last night I opened my laptop for the first time and re-discovered all of my TPT plans!!  The Sisters and I came up with a lot of ideas of things we wanted to do this summer! I spent a little time revamping something I started and now cannot wait to finish it!  My new project is classroom packs!  A pack filled with just about everything you need for a classroom made to a specific theme!  Last year I decided on a "movie theme" for my classroom.  I searched for things to hang and use all matching my theme.  There was some good stuff out there but I couldn't seem to find a pack with everything I liked.  Here and there I found pieces that I liked but ending up spending so much buying lots of packs just to use a little from each because nothing seemed complete!  I decided then that I would try to make my own set of classroom materials that all matched and all were exactly the things I needed to theme a complete classroom.  So that's where I am now....finishing my first classroom pack!  It's a "Sea Life" theme and it is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E if I do say so myself!!!  But before I finish this first pack, I am asking for some input from all of you wonderful followers.....

What items would you want to make sure are included? 

What themes would you like to see?

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!  I want to make the best, most complete packs I can and the more I hear from all of you, the better it will be!

Enjoy the sunshine....and relax, you all deserve it!
~Sister 1




No comments:

Post a Comment