Monday, June 10, 2013

2 Days Left and My Report Cards Aren't Finished...

So you're probably wondering why I'm posting?  As I'm sitting here typing this, I'm wondering the same thing! It's not like I don't have a million things on my "to do" list.  Everything always seems to "get done" so I'm not stressing... yet. These posts are kind of like my therapy.

This weekend flew by!  Remember in our last post I told you about our "staff field trip" to the Detroit Tigers game? We got a party bus and squeezed 32 people in.  It was so much fun! I'm not much of a baseball fan but I love the atmosphere and hanging out with all my coworkers! Something I didn't love was what a huge rip off the concessions are!  I mean seriously $14.50 for a Hot and Ready!?!? Unreal. Good thing it was a beautiful night, the Tigers won, and everyone had a blast!


I also went to a local comedy club to see an old friend do improv. I'd never been before so I wasn't really sure what exactly to expect.  It didn't disappoint! It was so funny, we'll for sure go back.


Soooo, maybe those are some of the reasons I still have so much to do?

Today at school I cracked down. I took down all my bulletin boards and put the kiddos to work putting away their books and supplies, organizing the library [it looked like a tornado went thru], and cleaning up the room. I'm pretty impressed at how much we got down in an hours time!

In addition to that we finished our chapter book, How To Be Cool in the Third Grade. Super cute book! I found it in the Scholastic book order and had to have it! One of my cutie's ordered it too... he thought he was pretty slick and read the next chapter at home every night so he could tell everyone he already knew what happens. Hey, whatever gets them reading!


We also learned how to write our names in cursive. That was probably the highlight of the year, you would have thought we won the lottery, they were so excited!  We also continued working on our ABCs of Second Grade.  

Tonight I did get, End of the Year Gifts, checked off my list!  If you're looking for a super cute and super cheap end of the year gifts for your little cuties I suggest these!  I found those adorable tags at It's All Small Stuff.  I have a feeling my kids are going to go kRaZy over those straws! Hehe


I don't know about all of you but I have a ton of parent volunteers. I like to get them something small at Christmas and the end of they year to show my appreciation.  I wish I could remember where I found those tags... but, I don't. Sorry. If I remember or stumble upon them again I'll def link up. I think all my wonderful mothers will be excited when their cuties bring these home to them!  Who doesn't love salted caramels?!?


Okay seriously I need to get my report cards done... I'm off to make some nachos, errrrrr log into the report card program.

- Sister 3 -

No comments:

Post a Comment