Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday

It's Friday! Finally. [hehe] It's time for some more Five for Friday!


Last night my boyfriend told me he signed us up for a 5K... and it's on June 8th! We hardly have anytime to train... and when I say "we" I mean me.  He's a soccer player so he's in great shape.  Me on the other hand, I love chocolate and ice cream and chips and candy.  I texted sister 1 and 2 last night and told them we are walking on prep everyday for the rest of the year! Today was day one. We walked 10 laps around our track.  We're off to a great start!


Sister 2's fridge died yesterday while she was at school.  She came home to a huge water puddle, defrosted food, and her husband saying, "Sorry to leave you with this mess." She wishes she had signed up to be the boys baseball coach instead!


Sister 1 went to the Red Wings viewing party at Cheli's Chili Bar on Wednesday! She is a big Wings fan. Unfortunately, they lost and her boyfriend was devastated. She's looking forward to spending Monday and Wednesday in Hockeytown. 


This week we were all blessed with some mother-in-law / future mother-in-law time.  Let's just say that they were all some interesting visits.


This week we were working on opinion pieces about Where The Wild Things Are. We didn't tell them to turn into the wild things.  But a few of them did.... Ahhh.

  
Let's just remember...


7 comments:

  1. Nothing like a surprise 5k, lol.

    I love that 'Keep Calm'. I need to make that my mantra.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a really slow jogger. In fact I call it a joggle-half jog, half waddle! Good luck with your 5k! Fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your race! My husband runs and I always want to but don't because I am lazy I guess and get bored!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Publicly announcing that you are training for a 5k is the best way to follow through with it. Accountability, r i g h t ?
    Good luck with your training.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the 5k! It's nice to have sisters to train with:) I am so excited I only have 5 days left!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that poster! It's so hard to keep calm when you have 28 days left until summer. =(

    I'm your newest follower, drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete