Saturday, January 5, 2013

1 more day!?!?

Happy New Year everyone!  I feel like I have been away from the "school world" for so long yet thinking I only have one more day is making me feel a little anxious.  Now don't get me wrong....I am sure you all feel this way.  NO one feels sorry for us for having to go back to work...and trust me I am NOT complaining about the length of time off.  Just seems like I always have lots of plans and before  I know it, it's time to return.  I've used the last few days to do laundry, returns, take down most of the decorations (no not the tree...yet) and work on some new things for TPT that we will be using soon.  Yes, it's been a BUSY few days.  My boyfriend wonders where I went! :)  I do miss my class and my "sister time" so going back isn't all bad.  To be honest with you, I will mostly just miss sleeping in!  Lol.

I share in Sister 2 and Sister 3's sentiments about our blog and TPT store!  I feel very blessed and excited to see that so many of you have enjoyed the ideas we are sharing and that you are bringing them into your classrooms.  Our first quarter surpassed what all three of us could have imagined.  So thank you, thank you, thank you!  When we return, we will be easing our kiddos back in by working on activities from our New Year's pack as well as our winter pack!  If you have the week or two back covered, you can look ahead as I did over break and start prepping for Valentine's Day!  Yes I said it....but people, February will be here before we know it!  We have created a Valentine unit that is packed with a variety of both ELA and math activities!  You can check it out here.  My class loves data collecting, analyzing, and graphing this year so we've included 3 different activities for this in this pack.  I get so excited making these activities, I forget we like to stay ahead of the game and we have about a month until we can use this!  We also are starting to prepare a few small activities for when we start teaching time and money.  Sister 3 blogged the other day about our telling time scavenger hunt and we've also made a fun money activity where students have to match money amounts, with the correct dollars/cents, with the correct money words.  If you are working on money with your kiddos, or planning ahead as we are, check out our money snowmen here. 

Also some news about when we return, I will be having a student teacher!  This is my third experience having one.  The first two went well and I am anticipating this one to be great also.   I am looking forward to "paying it forward" once again and sharing my knowledge with someone new.  Let's face it, another set of hands is always welcome and I know together, she and I will be able to do so many things with "our" class!  

Well the tree isn't taking itself down now is it?  So I'm off to complete that one last thing around here.  Tomorrow I will help my boyfriend take down the tree we put up at his house  and then it's time to settle in for a few last relaxing hours of vacation.  I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!  I hope that we can continue to share great new ideas with you.  If there is anything you would like to see, please feel free to let us know.  We love hearing from you and never stop learning from all of you amazing teachers as well!  

-Sister 1

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of your success! Its a great feeling isn't it! I know the feeling about time flying by so fast. I feel the same way. I hope all of the sisters had a wonderful break. I too am back to the grind tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Marcy! We hope you had a great first few days back! :)

    ReplyDelete