Friday, January 24, 2014

Five for Friday Link Up

Hey everyone!


The sisters and I were texting back and forth last night hoping we'd get the call and like Sister 1 said... we did! Today was our 4th snow day in January. We've only actually had 10 days with students this month, which is pretty crazy to think about seeing as how it's almost the end of the month!

I thought I was going to wake up, make a cup of hot chocolate, and relax but instead I woke up to a missing dog! We could hear him crying but couldn't find him. Finally, we realized he locked himself in the bathroom. Poor baby, who knows how long he was in there! To make it worse he lost ANOTHER nail and has to wear a cone.


Once all that excitement was over it was time for that cup of hot chocolate. My relaxing didn't last long... an empty dishwasher, a clean kitchen and living room, vacuumed carpet, a little bit of organization in the bedroom, four loads of laundry, and a tasty dessert for later...here I am. PHEWW I'm ready for a nap!

Have you guys ever made these...?


I've been obsessed for the last month. They are super easy. All you need are pretzels, Hershey Kisses, and M&Ms. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Lay out all the pretzels on a cookie sheet, I like to line it with parchment paper (makes for an easy clean up!). Then put one Hershey Kiss on top of each pretzel. Put the cookie sheet in the oven for 5-6 minutes. Try to press an M&M in the middle, if they are still too hard put them back in for a little longer. Once they are melted enough the M&M will go into them easily. I put mine in the fridge, they are way better cold! WARNING: Once you have one you're going to want to eat them all!

Today marks 31 weeks pregnant! Holy moly... time is flying. Only 9 more weeks until I meet my precious baby. Tomorrow we are getting a 4D ultrasound done! I can't even wait. We're going to get pictures and a DVD so we can show off our baby to all our friends and family. Who will the baby look like... me or daddy?????? I hope a nice combination of both of us.

This past week at school we were very busy! Like Sister 1 said, we reviewed nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Grab a parts of speech freebie here!

We also talked a bit about geometry. We started by having the students build 2D shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks. It was a blast. Then we did a cooperative learning activity where students had to list as many things (with 2D shapes) as they could in 5 minutes. It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be, they struggled to think of things. I saw a lot of them looking around the classroom, I love that they were using their resources! Maybe the timer made them nervous????


We also talked about what makes a shape a polygon, they are experts at that now! You can grab a few geometry activities here for free!

We also started a chapter book study on Chocolate Fever. Thanks to Amy Lemons for an awesome activity pack! The kids are totally into the book. I actually hear "aww man" when I say that's the last chapter for today. LOL they wanted to finish the book in one day! Next week we have a cute writing project where they each write about a "fever" they might get. Look for a post about that at the end of next week.

Snow days fly by! It's almost 5 and I haven't started dinner yet. Chili Con Queso Pasta Bake. Tonight is date night in... dinner and a Red Box. I might even make some Monkey Bread. :) Can you tell by all the food talk that I'm pregnant?!? It's all I think about.

Enjoy your weekend!
- Sister 3 -



No comments:

Post a Comment