Friday, September 12, 2014

Five For Friday---TGIF

Oh boy!  I am so happy it's Friday...I say that every week, but I really feel it today. We're linking up with Doodle Bugs again so hop over to her blog and check out the goodness!




1) I found this little great idea From the Pond

The way it works is you highlight one of your freebies, discounted items or a goodie to share.  

Since everything pumpkin is all the rage these days, I am showing you this super fun freebie!
. 



2)  Also, we have been busy prepping our new Team Homework for next week!  We got this fabulous idea from Teacher's Clubhouse.  We are excited to try this new approach and hope that the students and parents will love it as much as we do.  We'll let you know how it goes next week.



3) On a lighter note, we were laughing all week at this one...as you may know Tina and her new hubby are in the process of building a new house.  Tina is trying to furnish her beautiful new place and decorate in her classy way and this is what her husband bought! He really loves the inflatables for the front yard.  We can't wait for the neighbors to see. ;)




4) We started this week our Communities unit.  I always am IN SHOCK of how many kids don't know their address or phone number by now...come on, people!  Teach your kid their dang address! So, I try and put a little fear in them, (bad teacher moment) and say "What if you got lost?  How would anyone know where to take you home?" 
The kiddos did really love learning all about the Rural, Suburban, and Urban types of communities.  We created these trifolds to illustrate the three types.  This plus tons of other resources can be found in our Communities unit in out Tpt store.  



5) And time for my saddest moment of the week!  My poor baby, got cleated at his brother's football game right to the forehead.  (On a side note, it is NOT a good idea to let your kiddo watch from the sideline, even if their dad is the coach and you think nothing will happen.)  Well, my little guy got taken out by a big ninth grader and it ended with me running across the track like a crazy mom and having to rush him to the ER.  Thank the lord that they were able to stitch him up pretty easily and it should heal fine.  It could have been so much worse...but still, look at this face!  I will spare you of the way grosser pics and any pictures with tears.  AND we will be going to Target tonight because I may have promised him any Lego that he wanted...and ice cream for dinner last night...and probably even more! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment